Forum Home Forum Home > Public - Catagories > Shopping Centres
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

NEW SHOPPING CENTRE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
ELHALABY View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ELHALABY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NEW SHOPPING CENTRE
    Posted: 13 Oct 2007 at 9:46am
HI

I AM IN A NEW SHOPPING CENTRE AND ITS GOING VERY SLOW HOW DO I GET THE CUSTOMERS IN I AM NEXT TO WOOLWORTHS MY PRICES ARE SOME AS THESE BUT THEY KEEP GOING TO THEM WHAT CAN I DO TO ATTRACT THEM

PLEASE HELP

MERNA FREECHOICE ROUSE HILL
ConfusedCry

NTRUDA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote NTRUDA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2007 at 12:35pm
Just be patient and they will come, have you got signs up/posters in the shopping centre...some people go to Woolies, coles as a reflex action.

And when they do come educate the customer that you are the same price as Woolworths and tell them about you specials and such....

When I first started I use to shine a red laser beam at the Coles cig counter when people use to wait there and when they turned around I used to call em over....
Cairns View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cairns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2007 at 11:03pm

A carton price display unit (got one from Philip Morris) might help. Put up on counter and point a spot light onto it. I would inform myself about the carton prices of the opposition and would go below. The good comes with the bad and some turn over at a lower margin is better than next to no turn over. In relation to the sales price of packages I would do the same.

Good luck
Smoking Joe
ELHALABY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ELHALABY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2007 at 9:38am
thank you

i would do that we will see what happens it's only my 4th week opened i hope it will get better in time i know i have to pe patient but it's hard cause the rent is very high here time will tell

thank you again
ELHALABY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ELHALABY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2007 at 9:45am

i will be patient it's only my 4th week here,  I love the red laser beam that's so funny i will get a laser and try it myself  one day thanks heaps for you reply 

merna rouse hillSmileWinkThumbs%20Up
Kipparing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kipparing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2007 at 4:36pm
I think the idea the butcher around the corner is a good one .He has once a month on saturdays a topless day.  His twenty-two year old  offsider & his 24 year old girlfriend are the topless two.

I sometimes go and have a drink with him in the shop on saturdays
NorthRocky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote NorthRocky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2007 at 5:55pm
Make sure you have good signage and bright lighting i myself am accross from a woolworths i been here 2 years the first 3 months were painful then it got busy.
p.s try going to woolworths counter when they are busy and tell the customers if they would like better service come to FREECHOICE we are just over there , thats how i got my customers

regards
Young Gun View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Young Gun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2007 at 6:36pm
Be patient the customers will come. When they do come you have to educate them. It takes time to build customers and these are some of the dangers of setting upa new store as opposed to buying an existing store.
YG
Forster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Forster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2007 at 7:23am
I agree with the other info.  I too have to compete with Coles.  The best thing you can offer your customers is good friendly service add to that, product knowledge and a better range of products than Coles or Woollies.  As we get closer to the busy periods customers will not wait at Coles/Woollies counters to get their cigs but will want faster service and that's were you will win them.  Good luck.
Shocker
ELHALABY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ELHALABY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2007 at 9:34am
THANKS I BELEIVE THAT ONCE THE CENTRE GETS BUSY I AM SURE THEY WONT WAIT I HOPE Smile
NTRUDA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote NTRUDA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2007 at 2:42pm
You also have Christmas around the corner so make sure you are stocked up with stock and gifts.........
Harbourtown View Drop Down

Head Office

Post Options Post Options   Quote Harbourtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2007 at 2:52pm

A further suggestion is to produce a flier and when you see a customer leaving Woolworths with a packet or carton of cigarettes hand them the flier and let them know you have just opened and they can get their tobacco products from you.

As you have a coke fridge you can put a special offer on the flier that says present this flier and spend $10.00 or more in the store and receive a can of drink for $0.50. It costs you nothing if you purchase at the right price and you may build up a relationship with a customer. This offer does not have to be restricted to smokers only.

It is important when doing this that you offer the can on all purchases in the store as doing it on cigarettes alone is not legal.

soraya kairouz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote soraya kairouz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2010 at 6:14pm
Hi Merna, it's a tough one.  From past experience with Woolworths their ruthless.  U have to gain the trust of your customers.  Don't necessaraly think your customer knows the best thing to smoke.  These days it's all about price and quality.  Once your customer realises you won't lie to them they'll walk in and say    " Well what do you have for me today "  Always push the specials, Woolworth staff don't waste their time, after all it's not family run unlike most Freechoice stores.  Word of mouth is your best form of advertising, give the good price, don't be greedy and you'll soon see families comming to support youWink  Good luck.
 Post Reply Post Reply