Forum Home Forum Home > Public - Catagories > Suppliers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Dont buy off Winmark

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
radris View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote radris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dont buy off Winmark
    Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 5:02pm

I would like to inform people of a company called Winmark who supply giftware to our store they are located in Arnell Park NSW. We have just been through a very unexpected passing away of the owner of the store and we are now managing it for his children as he was a very close personal friend of ours and my wife worked at the shop.

Winmark have been the most disgusting company i have had to deal with and i have dealt with alot in my time. After receiving 6 phone calls within the first 2 weeks of the owners passing asking/demanding money in which there was an outstanding billl of around $350. I had explained many times to the director of the company that she would get her money and that when someone dies it takes sometime to sort everything out. The next thing i knew we received a threatening letter from a solicitor demanding the money and if not paid within 7 days it will incure interest and will go to a collection agency. I responded to her letter and once again explained what had happened just in case she had not heard the first twenty times i had told her, the next thing i know a collection agent is ringing me on their behalf and informed me they want to put a default on the outstanding bill. I find that would be difficult to do to a person who is deceased, i am sure that he is not after any more loans or credit !!!!!!!!
I would like to put forward to the forum that there are many good and decent companies out there who supply the same gifts as Winmark and to seek their services rather than a  cold hearted, arrogant company that neither wants to deal with their customers or gives a damn about them.
I am very sure that we will never be dealing with them again and i strongly recommend that other retailers think twice as well.
Thank You
NorthRocky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote NorthRocky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 9:26am
For  $350 dollars that is digusting
Kipparing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kipparing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2010 at 4:41pm

Sorry to here of the lost up there.

Winmark are very difficult to deal with I tried buying some stuff off them from a trade show which was on special but when it came it was a different price.  I refused the delievery, they tried to charge me for it. That was 2 years ago.
 Post Reply Post Reply