FREECHOICE Stores Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public - Catagories > Becoming a FREECHOICE Stores Member
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

What group should I join

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
Markus View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Markus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What group should I join
    Posted: 17 Aug 2007 at 3:47pm
Hello,

I am looking at opening a tobacconist and have done a little bit of research into the different group. I was wondering if anyone could offer me any feedback on the group they are with and what group they think i should join.

Young Gun View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Young Gun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2007 at 6:01pm
Go independent mate. Do you think you'll be doing a bit of sub-wholesaling?, Tobacco companies are all to happy to offer you deals even if you are independent!
YG
Markus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Markus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2007 at 10:41pm
So the dollars per thousand thing you can get even if you arent in a group?

Then why does it seem that there are no independant tobacconists. Most seem to be mainly other businesses selling cigarettes as a small part of there business or if they are tobacconist they are part of a group. So I thought there must be a bigger advantage to being in a group.

Thanks for the advice. 
Young Gun View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Young Gun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2007 at 4:59pm

You won't get as much as you in a group on rebates but it will balance out as you do not pay group fees or POS fees etc. Also if you are independent you are not forced to try new products which sit on the shelf for a long time and cost you money.

Have a look at all options but just remember that you will be tied up for 5 years if you join a group.
Independent tobacconists are becoming more prevalent now that the tobacco companies are going around offering deals to everyone.
YG
Marlboro Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Marlboro Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2007 at 1:09pm
What sort of deals to Independents get compared to FREECHOICE Stores?

Do they get $$$ per 1000?

How would you manage without a POS system like FREESCAN  that's purpose built for tobacconists? FREESCAN is easy to use, all products are in there and the morning after a price rise, there's no need to go in and manually change all the prices as you would with a normal POS system. You also get IT support.

If I wanted to fill petrol in my car and there was a "BP" servo and a "Young Gun" servo in the vicinity, I know where I'd fill up. I'm all for supporting the little bloke, but the reality is that the world is brand driven. The advantage is, we're "little blokes" under one group, this makes us "not so little" when it comes to getting deals from cigarette companies.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Marlboro Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2007 at 1:18pm
I'd go on, but I'm busy. Tongue
Inala View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Inala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2007 at 7:42pm

FREECHOICE

IS The Way TO GoBig%20smile
Young Gun View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Young Gun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2007 at 9:48pm
Did you get paid to say that Inala?.........btw how many free choice stores are their in Inala??
YG

Post Options Post Options   Quote Marlboro Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2007 at 8:51am
According to the FREECHOICE Stores website, there's one in Inala. Wink

David View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Head Office - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Quote David Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2007 at 8:51am
Young Gun, there is only one FREECHOICE store in Inala even though there are a number in the area around Inala. We didn't pay or incourage Inala to post but are extremely happy to see that he feels that way. So Young Gun are your with a group or independant? If your with a group wouldn't you suggest Markus look at them as an option or have you had some bad experiences?

Markus I would suggest FREECHOICE (But i am a little biased). As far as I can see FREECHOICE is the leader in the Industry and keeps looking for more things they can do for their Franchises, this forum being an example, the other group don't seem to be quite as progressive. I know a little of the future of FREECHOICE and the developments that are going on and I must say the future looks very positive. There are other aspects you need to consider as well as the rebates such as deals with other service such as insurance, Eftpos, etc.

While you don't have as many options as an group member I dont believe that the franchise fees come close to the additional money you will make with a group.

Please feel free to contact simon@freechoice.com.au if you would like more information about the group and what we can offer you.

Edited by David - 21 Aug 2007 at 8:54am
IT Development Manager
FREECHOICE Stores
Inala View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Inala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2007 at 11:14am

I agree With David Entirely

And Still Say

FREECHOICE The Way To GO

Post Options Post Options   Quote Marlboro Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2007 at 11:47am

Congratulations Inala. $5 coming your way. Tongue

Young Gun View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Young Gun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2007 at 6:46pm
Yes i am with a group David and my comments previously in this forum should indicate how happy i am with the group i am with. The group i am with is not free-choice.

The reason why i said go independent is because a couple of my freinds are independent tobbacosnists and i know how well they do and what sort of deals they are on. As for Marcus i did suggest he look at all  options.

David i also know you guys give great IT support and from free choice stores owners that i have talked to they have mainly given positive comments. 

YG
Markus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Markus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2007 at 2:30pm
Thank you all for your comments. I haven't had my own business before but I have been looking around for businesses that don't require enormous amounts of capital to start and have a quick cash flow. It seems that a tobacconist is one of the best businesses I can find. I have looked at a couple of the franchises and asked for information about the costings and rebates, etc. I have talked to a couple of store owners when I was down in Brisbane on business last month. From the stores I talked to the Free choice one seemed to be the most positive and gave me the best feedback.

I must admit I didn't find an independant store to go into and see if I could find out what sort of money they were getting but the 3 group stores I spoke to all seemed to believe there were better off being in the group than being independant.

I like the idea of being in a group that can assist me or offer advice on any business issues I might have. I suppose that is something that I will find helpful especially when I first open the shop.

Anyway thanks for all the advice.
NorthRocky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote NorthRocky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2007 at 1:23pm
FREE CHOICE WAY @ GO WOULD GO ANY WHERE ELSE I AM HAPPY
Markus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Markus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2007 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by NorthRocky

FREE CHOICE WAY @ GO WOULD GO ANY WHERE ELSE I AM HAPPY

NorthRocky, what do you mean? Are you saying that you would go any where else or you wouldn't go any where else?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>